Every month, my dad and I attend Adirondack Mountain Club Niagara Frontier Chapter meetings. We have been going for a long time, and enjoy seeing other members and learning from the speakers.
Outside of the meetings, we have also been working toward our Wilderness Weekends in Western New York Challenge Patch.
The WWWNY Challenge encourages folks from Buffalo, Rochester, and southern Ontario, CA to hike, bike, canoe, kayak, snowshoe, or ski at 50 or more of the locations described in the book Wilderness Weekends in Western New York edited by Frank and Wilma Cipolla.
This afternoon, I took a walk at Great Baehre Swamp, my favorite of the 100+ locations described in the Cipolla’s book.
The Great Baehre Swamp is my favorite because it is only about a 1.5 miles from my parents house. I visit there almost every week of the year, and love to see how the scenery changes throughout each season.
But before that, I must address an overdue item…
A few weeks ago, Ania of Aniaworld nominated this blog for the Liebster Award. Thanks, Ania!
The purpose of this award is to expose new bloggers and help mark their blog in the blogging world. Here are the rules to accept.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I am ashamed to say that I have not yet browsed for 11 other bloggers… there are excuses, of course, but I really must do it soon. In the meantime, I don’t want to leave Ania hanging.
Here are 11 facts about myself:
- Garlic is my favorite foodcrop to grow.
- I knit every day.
- My dislike the color orange.
- I went to college at Binghamton University and then University of Maine
- In the summer, I volunteer/learn at a bird banding station south of Buffalo, NY
- My bicycle is a Trek 520.
- I am currently reading The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane
- Goodness, this feels like a lot of information about myself.
- I think I’ll skip 10 and 11… 😉
Here are the questions that Ania posed to me and the other 10 bloggers whom she nominated:
- What is the most amazing place you’ve visited? For scenery, almost nowhere can compare to some of the National Parks that I have visited… Bryce Canyon is the most otherworldly.
- Where would you like to go, if time and money were no object? If time were no object, I would like to complete the International Appalachian Trail through Europe.
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner food? Breakfast is my favorite.
- Country with the best cuisine? This question is too hard for me to answer!
- Which Hogwart’s house do you put yourself in? Hufflepuff
- Which language would you like to learn? I would love to be more fluent in Spanish
- Favourite film? Princess Bride, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Remember the Titans
- Favourite soundtrack? Joseph and the Technicolored Dreamcoat, The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Favourite international film? La auberge espagnole.
- What age would you most like to be right now? 27
- Favourite hobby? Knitting, of course, but I am also learning how to make pottery on a wheel.